Enterprise Software is redefining how businesses operate in an increasingly digital world.
Businesses reported that the high-impact results of an ERP system include reduced process time, a centralized data system, and increased collaboration.
This article provides insights and strategies to hire Enterprise Software Developers and explores the possibility of hiring these talents from Poland and Ukraine.
What Is Enterprise Software?
Enterprise Software is an application designed to handle various business operations including database management, supply chain management, CRM, process optimization, and many more.
They are a key component to ensure automation and higher efficiency of various processes throughout a company.
What Does an Enterprise Software Developer Do? Roles & Responsibilities
Setting up Enterprise Software is a complex task since the requirements need to be customized for the specific organization.
Some of the key responsibilities of Enterprise Software Developers include:
- Gathering and analyzing stakeholder requirements
- Configuring technologies as per the needs of the business
- Designing and implementing the enterprise-level software solutions
- Writing clean code for any custom requirements
- Troubleshooting any bugs that come up during system implementation
- Integrating different third-party programs to the ERP
- Adhering to software security best practices
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Providing maintenance and support for internal teams
Types of Enterprise Software
Enterprise Software comprises several applications based on the industry and specific functions within organizations. Some of the types of Enterprise Software include:
1. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) allows for managing various day-to-day processes such as sales, supply chain, marketing, human resources, and more. Since it is an all-in-one solution, it is the most popularly used type whose market is set to reach $101 billion by 2026.
2. Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
CRM software helps the sales and marketing teams to keep track of various processes of the customer journey such as tracking the leads and helping to maintain client relationships. Some popular tools include Salesforce and HubSpot.
3. Human Resource Management (HRM)
Tools such as Workday and Monday.com are helping HR teams to streamline their processes and scale their teams. This includes helping speed up or automate hiring, training employees, and managing payroll.
4. Knowledge Management
Developing a comprehensive knowledge base helps the internal team to get clarity on standard operating procedures. It also helps them to know about the standards necessary to serve customers through tools like Confluence and Document360.
5. Supply Chain Management
Managing supplies and raw materials is an integral part of industries such as manufacturing. Using Enterprise Software helps to manage ordering supplies, managing supplier relationships, processing orders, and managing inventory all in one place.
Benefits of Enterprise Software
Companies are realizing that using Enterprise Software can help develop an edge in a competitive landscape because of its advantages.
Some of the Enterprise Software benefits include:
1. Optimizing Business Process
Implementation of Enterprise Software led to business process improvement for 95% of businesses. This is done by transforming legacy systems and optimizing the processes for the existing ones.
2. Automated Reporting
Reporting is an integral part of monitoring the progress of teams and maintaining accountability. To automate reporting, Enterprise Software is effective since it has the necessary data that can be converted into reports.
3. Automating Business Workflow
Businesses can automate the manual and tedious tasks that are routine through Enterprise Software. For example, payroll processes that need monthly calculations and deductions can be automated through HR Enterprise Software.
4. Higher Efficiency
Furthermore, the time for completing existing tasks can also be accelerated. For instance, integrating features such as demand forecasting can help to make quicker decisions to manage inventory for e-commerce businesses.
5. Higher Scalability
Since these applications have a modular architecture, it allows for the scaling of specific components independently. Thus, if a business needs to scale its order processing capabilities during peak season, it can be done seamlessly.
Key Skills to Look Out for When Hiring Enterprise Software Developers
Choosing the right candidate requires a balance of both technical and soft skills. Some of the most important skills include:
1. Technical Skills
Enterprise Software Developers need to have a strong foundation of several technical skills to be adept in their roles. Some key technical skills include:
- Coding Proficiency: Writing easy-to-read and scalable code is important in creating enterprise applications. Assess proficiency in Java, Python, or C# and test them through coding assessments.
- Big Data Expertise: Managing large datasets requires expertise in various big data frameworks like Hadoop or Spark.
- Cloud Technology: Most Enterprise Software today are running on cloud platforms where they are deployed and maintained. Assess their experience with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Database Management: MySQL, PostgreSQL, or NoSQL databases are part of any Enterprise solution that needs to be designed and optimized.
- API Development: Knowledge of APIs helps to manage several integrations for Enterprise Software projects. Evaluate their understanding of RESTful and GraphQL APIs.
- DevOps and CI/CD: Setting up deployment pipelines and maintaining them helps to increase the automation and speed of the project.
2. Communication Skills
Enterprise Software Development includes multiple technical concepts and workings of tools that need to be explained in layman’s terms. Thus, ensure they are confident in articulating ideas and presenting with confidence.
To face the issues of debugging software issues during set-up and maintenance, Enterprise Software Developers need to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Assess their approach to navigating complex problem-solving scenarios.
4. Team Collaboration
Working in a cross-functional team is a key part of this role. Ask for examples of how they have handled disagreements in the past. Furthermore, assess their interpersonal skills during the interview.
It takes a midsize company with $100 million to $250 million in revenue at least 6.7 months to conduct an ERP implementation.
This is because of iteration in requirements and new changes that occur internally within a team. Thus, adaptable ERP Developers will be crucial to ensure they work efficiently regardless of such changes.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Hiring Enterprise Software Developers
In a bid to fasten the Enterprise Software Development process as much as possible, businesses end up making crucial mistakes. Some common mistakes to avoid in the hiring process include:
- Rushing the Hiring Process: By working in a state of hurry, recruiters may fail to miss important steps before finalizing a hire.
- Overemphasizing Technical Skills: The role of Enterprise Software Developers involves gathering requirements and communicating with stakeholders where soft skills are equally important.
- Ignoring Cultural Fit: If there isn’t an alignment with the same values and working style of the team, there may be conflicts and miscoordination of tasks.
- Neglecting Real-World Experience: It is important to look beyond only certifications and qualifications as the candidate’s abilities may be better judged through their actual experiences
- Failing to Test Problem-Solving: Enterprise Software Development involves coming across issues and bottlenecks that require effective problem-solving
How to Hire an Enterprise Software Developer: Choosing the Perfect Candidate
Having a clear hiring process can play an important hand in ensuring that the right hire is done. Some key strategies to choose the best Enterprise Software Developer are:
1. Define Clear Requirements
Start by defining the requirements including the skills necessary along with responsibilities that are specific to the role.
For instance, requirements for a role focused on Business Process Management could require proficiency in Jira, Kissflow, and Nintex.
2. Conduct Structured Interviews
Design an interview that includes questions related to the role while also getting to know the candidate better.
Make sure that there is a standardized way to assess results to ensure fair evaluation without bias.
3. Test Technical Proficiency
Consider conducting coding assessments or take-home assignments to evaluate the technical proficiency of the candidate.
This is also a good time to assess their competency with the relevant tools required.
4. Evaluate Soft Skills
Look at their ability to communicate clearly and how good they are at problem-solving. Additionally, this role requires individuals who have good teamwork skills.
5. Check References
References can provide insight into factors such as the attitude and work ethic of a candidate. They can also confirm the skills and expertise that the candidate possesses.
6. Assess Cultural Fit
Ask the candidates about the kind of culture they are familiar with from their past employers. Furthermore, clear out expectations about the working environment to ensure they can adapt to the working structure.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Enterprise Software Developer?
The average salary of an Enterprise Software Developer in the U.S. is $106,000 while in the U.K. it is $72,000.
The costs are more affordable in Poland at $45,000 per year and in Ukraine at $36,000 per year.
Best Models for Hiring Enterprise Software Developers
A key step in the hiring process is choosing the right models for hiring talent. The three best models to hire Enterprise Software Developers are:
In-House Enterprise Software Developers work as full-time employees who are paid a monthly salary.
- Long-term commitment: In-house team members are more likely to become an integral part of the team
- Better Communication: Since this role involves lots of coordination among several stakeholders, In-house talent can collaborate more effectively
- Higher Costs: Businesses need to commit higher resources in hiring full-time staff including salary and benefits
- Longer Hiring Process: The recruitment process can take from weeks to months
Freelancers are independent contractors who work on a project basis.
- Lower Costs: The costs are less as projects are based on specific deliverables
- Immediate Availability: Freelancers don’t need to wait out long notice periods to start the work
- Inconsistent Communication: Since they Work with multiple clients, it might lead to slower response time
- Security Concerns: Businesses would need to adopt strict security policies when working with Freelancers
Outsourcing involves third-party recruitment firms helping to find the right talent.
- Faster Recruitment Time: They already have a vetted database of qualified Enterprise Software Developers who are ready for hire
- Business gets to focus on Higher value tasks: Team members don’t need to spend valuable time in the long and stressful recruitment process
- Coordination Issues: The two teams might have communication issues while working together
- Mismatch in expectations: There may be a difference in expectations on the quality and type of Enterprise Software Developer for hire
Hire Offshore Enterprise Software Developers
The trend of hiring Offshore talent has been increasing because of the affordable costs and access to talent beyond the company’s geographic location.
Since Enterprise Software Development requires various skills and expertise, talents with a diverse set of abilities can be a great match.
Why Hire Enterprise Software Developers from Poland/Ukraine?
Enterprise Software Developers from Poland and Ukraine have been a preferred choice among companies all around the world. This is because of the following reasons:
- Strong Technical Talent: The large number of technical universities with a rigorous curriculum has helped create highly skilled technical talent.
- Cost-effective Solutions: In comparison to Western Europe or North America, the costs are much more affordable in Poland and Ukraine.
- Cultural Compatibility: These countries share similar Western values including a commitment to high quality and meeting deadlines.
- English Proficiency: The talents are proficient in English which helps for clear communication and smoother workflow.
- Time Zone Advantage: The time zone is similar to European countries which makes it easier for real-time collaboration across the teams.
Let RemoDevs Help You Hire Enterprise Software Developers
RemoDevs can help you hire Enterprise Software Developers with less stress as we take care of the first part of the recruitment process. We help to filter out the top 3% of candidates who will best fit your offer and company culture.
Find a moment in your calendar and come to our office for a delicious coffeeMake an apointment