Senior Go Developer
Eiger is a venture studio and services company that develops Web3 infrastructure. We believe that our collective financial and social infrastructure should be open-source, peer-to-peer, and private by default.
We currently employ over 10 engineers, economists, and cryptographers across the globe and work with some of the most ambitious organisations in the business, including Equilibrium, Forte and XRP Labs to name but a few.
Our teams are mainly self-organizing in that they design their own processes and choose their own tools. We know that each team and each project is different. Therefore, we try very hard not to mandate unnecessary processes on anyone. We trust our teams to deliver and let them get to work in the way they think is best.
We are looking for a Mission-Critical GO Developer to join us. You would be working with our distributed team of engineers on new products, core protocols, or client projects. The position is remote-first, but we hope to get some face time in the form of company retreats.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and understanding complex protocols
- Designing, implementing, and documenting robust backend systems
- Developing mission-critical financial applications in Golang
- Designing and developing testing and quality assurance processes
- Communicating with clients and open source communities
Must-have skills and qualifications:
- Experience in leading small teams
- Ability to design fault-tolerant software architectures
- At least 5 years of backend development experience in mission-critical financial software
- At least 1 year of Go development experience
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Full proficiency in English
- Interest in crypto and blockchain protocols
- Cryptography & infosec knowledge
- HR call – 30 min
- Optional – either sharing code/open-source contribution or doing a test assignment (4-5h)
- Tech call – 90 min
- Final call with CEO – 30 min
Salary & benefits:
- 80-100k EUR annually
- 5 weeks of paid vacation per year