Senior Rust Engineer
Eiger is a venture studio and services company that develops Web3
infrastructure. We believe that our collective financial and social infrastructure
should be open-source, peer-to-peer, and private by default.
We currently employ over 10 engineers, economists, and cryptographers
across the globe and work with some of the most ambitious organisations in
the business, including Equilibrium, Forte and XRP Labs to name but a few.
Our teams are mainly self-organizing in that they design their own processes
and choose their own tools. We know that each team and each project is
different. Therefore, we try very hard not to mandate unnecessary processes
on anyone. We trust our teams to deliver and let them get to work in the way
they think is best.
We are looking for a Senior Rust Engineer to join us. You would be working
with our distributed team of engineers on new products, core protocols, or
client projects. The position is remote-first, but we hope to get some face time
in the form of company retreats.
What you will do:
- Researching and understanding complex protocols
- Designing, implementing, and documenting distributed systems
- Developing protocols or protocol-driven applications in Rust
- Designing and developing testing and quality assurance processes
- Communicating with clients or open source communities
- Experience in systems programming
- Experience in leading small teams
- Ability to design interoperable software architectures
- At least 5+ years of experience in collaborative software development
- At least 1 year of hands-on Rust experience
- Full proficiency in English