Applied Blockchain is a leading edge web3 software development company. Based in London and Porto (Portugal), Applied Blockchain has an expert team of close to 100 developers creating cutting-edge solutions for innovative clients in various sectors. Clients include Shell (also an investor in the company), Algorand, Chainlink and Ledger.
We are building a new generation of decentralised solutions, working through some of the most interesting technical problems in this field such as data privacy, identity and wallet management, smart contract design, advanced cryptography and data security.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build node.js backend and react.js frontend and connect them using JSON REST API’s
- Develop cutting-edge software solutions for startup and corporate clients
- Develop decentralized applications
- Work alongside other developers in the team to create secure, performant, resilient business applications
- Engage with clients to understand their product business proposition
- Create automated tests
- Peer code review
- Configure deployments using Docker and Kubernetes
- Take responsibility for features you deploy into staging and enterprise production environments
- 2+ years of experience in Tech Lead position
- 7+ years of professional experience in backend and/or full stack development with a major programming language (vanilla JS, python, golang, ruby, java, rust, c#, c++, php, c) of which at least 1.5 years in Node.js (mandatory)
- Keep abreast of industry developments and new technologies
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns
- Support the team on technical questions or issues and through the onboarding process
- Client contact, manage expectations of the project and technical questions clarification.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL
- Bachelor’s Degree (nice to have)
- DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes (nice to have)
- Experience with Agile Methodology (Scrum)
- “Hybrid Flex Work” (you decide, every week, if you want to work full remote, hybrid, or physically in our office)
- £1000 euros annual allowance for Training (up to 50% of this value can be used for you to buy work station equipment to work from home).
- 5 days/per year for Training.
- In-person fun team events/team buildings every 3 months.
- Company equipment and Onboarding kit.
- Annual Bonus (dependant on company and personal performance).
- Stock Option Plan.
- Paid subscription of a mental health support app.
- Birthday Off.
- Amazing referral programme.